Watermelon & Cucumber Mojitos
Stay cool this summer with a subtle spin on your average mojito. Replacing the typically heady rum with a soft splash of vodka assists in a harmonious, fruity flavor. Delicately fresh with watermelon and cucumber, this icy drink is glacial perfection. Pulp is not required but if partial to texture, then it can be added in any amount. Sparkling water and lime lend a mild kick to the muted fruits.
Fans of fresh herbs will be especially keen on the addition of mint, whether it is from a personal garden or the store. If a sweeter flavor is preferred, simple syrup or sugar can be added, as well as an ample dose of watermelon. For anyone with an aesthetic flair, a wedge of watermelon and cucumber slices make this drink ideal for hosting guests. Simple to make and enjoy, test out these tantalizing flavors during summer get-togethers or when relaxing poolside.
1 seedless watermelon
2 limes, juiced
1/2 cup mint, muddled
8 oz vodka, chilled
1 bottle sparkling water, chilled
– In a blender, blend watermelon and cucumber together. Strain using a fine mesh sieve to remove pulp and set juice aside (in fridge to chill).
– Juice limes, then muddle with mint using a wooden spoon or a muddler.
– Put the mixture in a shaker with ice and shake for 15-20 seconds. Strain into a large pitcher.
– Then add vodka and a bottle of sparkling water.
– Pour into glasses filled with ice and enjoy!