The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Food & Wine Classic returns for its 10th year Friday, November 8 and Saturday, November 9. Celebrating a decade of food and fun, the Food & Wine Classic treats guests to a street party festival with unlimited food tastings at more than 90 stations, featuring culinary selections from the hotel’s award-winning restaurants and wine from around the world amidst a festive backdrop of live entertainment on the hotel’s scenic causeway. The event also includes hands-on seminars with the hotel’s chefs and certified beverage experts.
In honor of the 10th year, a surf party-themed area called Hang 10 will debut on the resort’s white sand beach. The space will immerse guests in a beach party with a live band, decorations and two new dishes from the hotel’s award-winning food and beverage team:
• Fry Basket – featuring clams, shrimp, oysters and fries seasoned with malt vinegar and served with lemon and traditional tartar sauce
• Hearts of Palm Ceviche – thinly sliced fresh hearts of palm, lime juice, Bermuda onion, bell pepper and chili peppers
The area will offer refreshing new beverage selections, including Spritzes and hard seltzer water.
Hang 10 will join the festival’s other returning themed areas: The Pig and The Poke, Chinatown, Carnival Corner, The Bubble Lounge and a beer garden.
“We’re continually amazed at the response to this event and are honored to be celebrating 10 years,” said Luciano Sperduto, the resort’s director of food & beverage. “This year is going to be the biggest and best event yet.”
Other new dishes on the 2019 Swan and Dolphin Food
& Wine Classic menu include:
• Pan-seared rock fish with cotechino, toasted fregola, romanesco with Lambrusco from Todd English’s bluezoo
• Barbaca beef taco with ancho Chile braised beef, minced red onion, lime wedge, lime- cilantro and “chimichurri” sauce from Picabu
Vegetarian offerings include:
• Vegan pho with rice noodle, bok choy, carrot, bamboo shoot, hoisin and sriracha from Fresh Mediterranean Market
• Vegan rice bowl with roasted vegetables, seasoned sushi rice, tempura crunch from Cabana Bar and Beach Club
• Organic Kabocha Squash Ravioli with pumpkin seed and sage gremolata, pumpkin crema and pecorino from Il Mulino
Classic favorites returning for 2019 include:
• Oven-roasted angus beef tenderloin with Idaho mashed potatoes and sauce bordelaise from Shula’s Steakhouse
• Funfetti fried Oreo cookie with dark chocolate ganache at Carnival Corner
• Traditional Earth baked kalua pork at The Pig & The Poke
Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort Executive Chef Dan Herman will feature his personal barbecue favorites at Smokin D’s Barbecue, while original dessert offerings will once again be served by the resort’s executive pastry chef and World Champion Pastry Chef Laurent Branlard.
For the latest information about the event or to book overnight package options, visit www.SwanDolphinFoodandWineClassic.com, like www.facebook.com/swananddolphin or call 1-800-227-1500.